Frequently Asked Questions
What is PayMaya?
PayMaya is an app that gives you a virtual prepaid card for shopping online, booking flights, and more. Depending on your mobile network, you either get a virtual Visa card or Mastercard. You can also pay bills, send money, and more, in-app. Add money to your PayMaya at over 15,000 partners such as 7-Eleven, Palawan Pawnshop, Smart Padala Centers, The SM Store Business Services, and Robinsons Department Store Business Centers. For a full list of our Add Money partners, click here.
There’s a PayMaya physical card which you can use to pay in establishments that accept credit or debit cards. This is a prepaid card that you can add money with cash at the same partners. It works in the Philippines and abroad and it’s embedded with an EMV chip for your security. You can link the physical card to the PayMaya app so that it shares one wallet with your virtual card and you can view all your transactions.
What is EMV?
EMV (Europay, Mastercard, and Visa) is the global standard for credit, debit, and prepaid card payments using the chip card technology. EMV chip-based payment card is a more secure alternative to traditional magnetic stripe payment cards. To learn more, click here.
How do I link my physical card to the PayMaya app?
- Go to MY CARDS in the main menu
- Tap on LINK CARD and enter the 16-digit number on the physical card, expiration date, and CVV (3-digit number located at the back of the PayMaya card)
- Nominate a 6-digit PIN which you’ll use when you withdraw at any BancNet ATM locally and abroad.
What happens when I upgrade my PayMaya account?
You can enjoy more features when you upgrade your account.
- Send money to other PayMaya users
- Withdraw from any BancNet ATM available locally and abroad using the physical card
- Enjoy a monthly limit of P100,000
How can I upgrade my account?
- Log on to the PayMaya app, access the MENU (for Android) or tap MORE (for iOS), then tap UPGRADE FOR FREE.
- Fill out the required information and upload a photo of your valid ID, then tap SUBMIT.
You need at least one (1) primary ID or two (2) secondary IDs; make sure all IDs are clearly and entirely visible in the photo you are uploading.
- Driver’s License
- National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance
- Alien Certificate of Registration
- Unified Multi-Purpose ID (UMID) / Social Security System (SSS) ID
- Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) ID
- PhilHealth ID (digitized PVC)
- Government Office and GOCC ID, e.g. Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) ID, Home Development Mutual Fund (HDMF) ID
- Postal ID (issued 2015 onwards)
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines ID
- Police Clearance
- Tax Identification Number (TIN) ID
- Barangay Certification
- Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) e-Card
- Senior Citizen Card
- Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) ID
- Seaman’s Book
- Voter’s ID
- Certification from the National Council for the Welfare of Disabled Persons (NCWDP)
- Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) Certification
- Company IDs issued by private entities or institutions registered with or supervised or regulated either by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), or Insurance Commission (IC)
IMPORTANT: If you upload a secondary ID, be sure to have another one ready during face-to-face validation.
- You will receive a verification code through the app and SMS, which you can use as a reference during the face-to-face validation.
- Tap START VIDEO CALL and you will be able to talk to an available Upgrade Officer who will validate your application.
- Once your application is approved, you can instantly enjoy all the perks of your upgraded account!
Is there a fee for upgrading my account?
None. It’s absolutely free!
IMPORTANT: PayMaya and its official representatives will never ask for your PayMaya password, 16-digit card number, and One-Time Password (OTP), nor charge you to upgrade your account.
If you encounter any of the above-mentioned violations, you may report the incident to:
What do I do if I lose my physical card?
You can block your lost card in the app. Just go to MY CARDS > SETTINGS for your physical card and you will be able to see the BLOCK CARD option.
Link a new card to your account by going to MY CARDS and then ADD CARD. You can link up to 3 cards to your account.
For other inquiries, you can call our customer service hotline at (+632) 845-7788, toll-free 1800-1084-57788, or *788 using your Smart mobile phone.
What are the PayMaya fees I need to be aware of?
There is a charge of at least 1.5% for every successful Smart Money or Smart Padala to PayMaya add money transaction. Currently, there are no fees when you add money through our other partners.
The standard ATM withdrawal fee of PHP15 applies.
*Additional fees may apply depending on the bank ATM.